NetHack Map Construction Helper
This is an Win32 application which reduces your effort to make a MAZE-type level description file used in NetHack. It just helps making a level description but does not provide a complete *.DES file. It is for people who could write *.DES file by themselves. Do not expect much on it!
It (perhaps) runs on Windows2000 or later platform.
NHMapCon.exe v0.02(Download 84K)
How to use
- Select a variant type (usually vanilla) from Variant menu
- Set MAZE properties from Maze -> Property menu
- Create a region to place a part of maze from Maze -> New Geometry menu
- Use Pencil tool to draw terrains or to place monsters/objects/traps/dungeon features
- Use Cursor tool to drag them
- Double-clicking on them while Cursor tool is selected allows you to modify their properties
- Save your maze as some text file
- Embed the text file into some *.DES file by yourself and modify it
[Note] Do not think about directly load/save *.DES files!
- If you place more than a single object at one single cell, they are output from the top of them. If you want to use CONTAINER and make some objects contained in it, place CONTAINER above contained objects.
- If you want to use Keep-Off area of some region like TELEPORT_REGION, create "NG" region from menu and place it over "OK" region. Do not place two or more NG regions on OK region.
(A part of) Unsupported functions
- Because of its crappy UI, 'place[n]' cannot be used somewhere it should be available
- Area-selection tool does not work