* I'm not good at English, so please correct me if you find any weird expressions...
"NetHack brass" is yet another variant of NetHack v3.4.3. The arrangement is intended to be simple and modest, mainly focused on balancing several factors.
Some NetHack plus codes written by Stephen White are ported into it.
Binary for Win32 DOS-box Download(2004/09/23)
(source code archive is here(2004/09/23))
#Note: It is a pre-alpha version yet.
- Many balance tweaks. Make the game balance a bit harder. (ex. slower HP regeneration, faster monster movement)
- Make "useless items" more valuable, give some drawbacks to "too-good items". Mithril coat is now hard to find(dwarves have chain mail). DSM now weighs as same as a scale mail. Reflection and Antimagic gears are worn out if they resist too much. Unicorn horns may disintegrate after use as they were in NetHack plus.
- Gehenom is now less boring. The random maze is replaced by a few types of random-generated map.
- Now The Riders are really riders! Some monsters are generated with their steeds.
- Auto-targetting feature for polearms. While you wield a polearm, pressing 'v' key allows you to automatically hit a target in range.
- Many NetHack plus features.
Sokoban Goal. You can choose a prize out of three(AoR, BoH, CoMR).
Upper layer of Gehenom: Ice cavern.
Underground river to Juiblex's lake
Dead Forest: Baalzebub's lair
Ghost Town: Orcus's lair